[NABS-L] Reading out loud in class with a text book

Asia Quinones-Evans aevans.nfb at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 02:29:35 UTC 2024

I appreciate all of this information. I keep in very close contact with my
Accessibility department and my professor. The biggest issue I am coming
across is that the pages in my BRF file from Book Share does not line up
with the actual textbook pages. I do get a lot of my books off of Bookshare
for my classes. If they do not have it I like to send in a book request and
majority of the time they  get it. since this book is from American Council
of exercise there are very few ways to get an electronic format of the
book. The two devices that I mentioned in my earlier email I have
downloaded the BRF of the textbook onto both of those devices. I have
contacted Humanware about the strange issue with the Victor and I know my
accessibility department cannot do anything about it.  I was just wondering
if anyone has any advice on how to complete this kind of activity in class.
When the professor request us to read a certain passage from the textbook
it is literally on a specific page in the middle of the page. So of course
a sided individual can find it very easily with scanning but it is a bit
more difficult for a blind person to find it.  I thought I could
participate with finding some of the words in the glossary but I'm having
difficulty searching the word that I want just in the glossary not
throughout the entire book.

Yours truely,

Asia Quinones-Evans

Phone: 440-670-6509
Email: aevans.nfb at gmail.com

Live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back