[NABS-L] NABS Walk-A-Thon

Zachary Ledford oriolefan38 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 16:30:00 UTC 2024

NABS, NABS!

The NFB National Convention is this week and so is the NABS Walk-A-Thon!
This is a friendly reminder to walk with NABS this summer!

At the National Association of Blind Students, we are hosting our annual
NABS Walk-A-Thon! This fun effort will focus on raising funds for our
organization which provides many resources for blind students, including
mentorship, guidance on success in high school and higher education,
sponsoring attendance at leadership seminars, and sending national student
leaders to events to empower our youth.

What are we asking of you? Please join us by participating in this
initiative, solely involving walking…something that is routine to most of
us! You will be able to participate anywhere in the world, as long as you
are willing to review your steps at the beginning and end of the day, but
we hope you will be walking with us in Orlando, FL, in conjunction with the
National Convention of the National Federation of the Blind.

As for participating, there will be exciting incentives! The incentives
will include $100 for the individual who raises the most, 10% of the total
pot for the affiliate who raises the most, and pizza for the group who wins
the most. For those who raise $25, you will be put into a raffle to
potentially get $50 in cash.

Below, you will find two different links. One is to a Google Form that we
ask you to fill out when participating, this allows for tracking purposes.
The other link will be to the NABS Rally Up page, which provides a way for
more information and how you will be participating or donating in our
Walk-A-Thon. You will need to make an account on rally up as a way of
participation. With Rally Up, you are able to have individuals donate
directly to the website or have people sponsor you per metric that they are
willing to sponsor you for. For example, I would give you $50 for every
mile that you walk. All proceeds under your name will go towards what you
raise overall and would be taken into account when calculating for the
incentives.

Please note that you have to fill out both the Google form and the rally up
sign ups in order to be eligible for the incentives. Completing both
actions should take no longer than 15 minutes!

Google Form: https://forms.gle/jZ8Pr8iBFDvC79CK6
<https://forms.gle/jZ8Pr8iBFDvC79CK6>

NABS Rally Up: https://go.rallyup.com/2024blindstudents/

We hope you will join us for the journey! If you have any questions, please
contact Zachary Ledford at ledford.zachary38 at gmail.com.

All the best,

The NABS Fundraising Committee