[NABS-L] Register for Enchanted Hills Summer Camp Today!

LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired lhnews at lighthouse-sf.org
Thu May 23 20:58:15 UTC 2024

Summer 2024 is swiftly approaching, and there’s no better way to spend the summer than exploring, playing, and experiencing Enchanted Hills Camp for the Blind<https://lighthouse-sf.org/enchanted-hills/about-enchanted-hills/> in Napa, CA. Our fully inclusive and accessible summer camp is nestled between the hundreds-year-old Napa Valley redwoods on our 311-acre oasis! Blind and visually impaired campers of all ages spend their days at EHC swimming, hiking, creating, crafting, boating, playing adaptive sports like beeper baseball and basketball or archery, all while building upon their blindness skills, independence, and confidence in a nurturing blind-positive environment with other BVI campers, staff, and mentors.

Some of our Summer 2024 sessions have filled up, but there’s still space in our Youth, Teen, and Music Camps! Please see registration and camp session details below. If you have any questions or require more information, please email ehc at lighthouse-sf.org<mailto:ehc at lighthouse-sf.org>.
Camp Sessions
Youth Session: July 15 – 20

Youth campers (1st – 8th grade) will participate in a variety of programs, including campfires, swimming, horseback riding, drama, arts and crafts, and adaptive sports. Campers are encouraged to explore new challenges independently with their new friends. Campers will gain a greater understanding and acceptance of their vision loss, leading to increased self -confidence.

RSVP for Youth Session<https://lighthousesf.secure.force.com/survey/c/EventRSVP_Payment.app?var_EventId=a0EUY000000I3Dx2AK>

Teen Session: July 15 – July 27

Teen campers (9th -12th grade) will participate in a variety of programs, including campfires, swimming, drama, arts and crafts, and adaptive sports. Campers are encouraged to explore new challenges independently with their new friends. Campers will gain a greater understanding and acceptance of their vision loss, leading to increased self-confidence.

Additionally, they will participate in activities geared toward building leadership abilities and setting goals for the future. Examples of these leadership activities include: public speaking, organizational skills, assisting campers and staff with participating in activities, program set up, and facilitating discussions.

RSVP for Teen Session<https://lighthousesf.secure.force.com/survey/c/EventRSVP_Payment.app?var_EventId=a0EUY000000I3972AC>

Music Camp: August 5 – August 11

The Music session is for campers ages 14 and older that are musicians who are blind or have low vision. Participants should already know how to play or sing and have, at minimum, intermediate musical skills (basic chords, scales, tuning, basic instrument maintenance and general musical knowledge) in their instrument(s). Instruments can include, but are not limited to guitar, ukulele, percussion, voice, and other acoustic instruments. This session will be headed by Enchanted Hills Camp Enrichment Area Leader Masceo Williams. Space is limited and a letter of recommendation or phone interview will be required for admission.

RSVP for Music Camp<https://lighthousesf.secure.force.com/survey/c/EventRSVP_Payment.app?var_EventId=a0EUY000000I5fZ2AS>

Registration Details:

To register online, please click on the link underneath the camp session you wish to attend. Once you have clicked the link and filled out the RSVP form, a full online application will be sent out to you via email. Once you have submitted the application, it will be reviewed and information will be sent on how to complete payment. If you are having any issues completing the application online, please email ehc at lighthouse-sf.org<mailto:ehc at lighthouse-sf.org>.

If you are not able to complete an online application, please email ehc at lighthouse-sf.org<mailto:ehc at lighthouse-sf.org> for a paper application. We strongly encourage you to apply via our online application. Any payment sent to the lighthouse by mail must have the name of the camper.
We hope to see you this summer!

[LightHouse for the Blind - Logo]
1155 Market Street, 10th Floor SF 94103
Visit us online:
Website<https://lighthouse-sf.org/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/lighthousesf/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/LFTBSF> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/lighthouseblind/>

Please visit our website to get to know us better!
LightHouse-SF.org<https://lighthouse-sf.org/>