[NABS-L] College Accommodation Questions

Sami Osborne sami.j.osborne97 at gmail.com
Thu May 30 11:25:43 UTC 2024

Hi Makenzie,

I think you're asking a bit broad of a question there, as the specific accommodation requests can really vary from student to student as well as  their major. For example, someone who is majoring in a language or literature type field, like I did, might not need as many accommodations as someone studying in, say, mathematics or a science-type field like biology or chemistry. That being said, could you maybe elaborate a bit on what exactly you're looking for? Like maybe tell us what you plan on majoring in when you start college, etc, so we can try and help you better? Right now, I'm not real sure we're able to assist you based on the rather limited information we have at the moment.

In any case, though, the first thing I would recommend is to get in touch with the Office for Disability Support Services in each of the schools you're applying to. This is something I think every aspiring college student who is blind or visually impaired, or who has a disability of any kind, should do, because they're essentially your primary resource for any and all accommodation requests associated with the school in question.

I hope this information is helpful, and hopefully we'll get a bit more from you so we can try and help you in terms of what you're looking for specifically in terms of college accommodations.

Good luck with your senior year and applying to colleges next year!

All the best,