[nagdu] winter coats

Jenine Stanley jeninems at wowway.com
Fri Dec 5 16:09:08 UTC 2008

Julie,

Does the harness you're using have the handle attached to the back strap or
at the sides near the shoulders? The back strap attachment would be much
easier to work with because you could almost create a flap in the coat with
maybe Velcro closure and small openings for the handle attachments to allow
movement. The American style handle fit is harder to figure out. I wish I
had any skill at all in sewing. I think there are ways to do this but email
explanation isn't going to really work well and I'd have to play with it a
lot to figure out what I wanted.

Is the goal of the coat warmth or dryness?

I got this wonderful snow suit for my dogs, have had two of them made, that
keep most of the dog dry and are thin enough to offer warmth yet not distort
the harness fit. The place I got them though I think is no longer in
business as I can't find current info for them. The company was called
Cachet Creations and was located in western Canada. The woman who made the
coats was named Elaine, can't recall her last name. The coats fastened with
Velcro along the dog's spine, had legs that came down as far as you wanted
and could have detachable hoods. I never went that far with them. They were
made of a vortex material and my one dog wore his as a protective garment
after surgery to remove lumps from some sensitive areas. I still have the
suit in fact and have used it for two other dogs. The second suit was
smaller for my little male Golden.

 Jenine Stanley
jeninems at wowway.com