[nagdu] visiting

Kolby Garrison kolbygarrison at triad.rr.com
Mon Dec 8 10:33:00 UTC 2008

Hello Dar,
I experience people wanting to pet Sunny all the time, especially on a
College campus. I ask them not to pet my dog because she is working, and if
they continue to ignore my request I attempt walking away. If Sunny takes
the initiative and goes over to someone because they are visually signaling
to her to come over to them, I correct her and we are usually able to keep
going. Part of your boy's visiting may be initiated by him as well as other
people, so you may need to correct depending on if it is his fault or not. I
can tell if Sunny made the decision to initiate contact if she suddenly
deviates from our path, or if she stops to sniff a person. In these cases I
correct her firmly with a verbal no or leave it, and a firm leash
correction.
Kolby