[nagdu] just say "no" (petting dog)

wcmerritt at gmail.com wcmerritt at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 21:52:51 UTC 2008

I have an alternate name for my guide. Her real name is Gucci, but her
other name, that I tell people when she's working and they just want
to know her name, is the word Secret. This came about from something I
said at the training center I work at, and now everyone at the center
calls her Secret. The name has grown on me, mainly because it sounds
nothing like her real name. I'll still say to some that I can't give
her name out because she's working and I don't want her to be
distracted, but more often than not, when I'm asked what her name is,
I'll respond with, "Secret." It's kind of funny to get the reaction
from people; some say, "Oh, okay, hi Secret." While others
misunderstand me. At a convention not long ago, someone asked in a
crowded and loud elevator, so the name he heard was Sedrick, which I
still agreed to. As for Gucci though, she doesn't pay any attention to
the person if they say Secret, which is how it should be.

Wayne