[nagdu] just say "no" (petting dog)

the Pawpower Pack pawpower at cox.net
Tue Dec 9 03:48:29 UTC 2008

I started training my current guide, Laveau in June.  One of the first
things we did was to teach her to nudge my hand when people pet her.
She was rewarded with very high value treats from me, and it also
helped that she is very much a one-person pup strongly motivated by
her stomach.

Now, when someone pets her and I haven't given the cue "go say hi" she
will repeatedly nudge my left knee and ignore the other person.  It is
not nearly as much fun to pet a dog if the dog ignores you flat out.

Rox and the Kitchen Bitches
Bristol (retired), Mill'E SD and Laveau SDIT CGC
I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem
pawpower at cox.net

MSN: Brisomania at Hotmail.com
AIM: Brissysgirl Yahoo: lillebriss