[nagdu] GDF Announcement: Lab/Poodle crosses

Jenine Stanley jeninems at wowway.com
Wed Dec 17 18:02:54 UTC 2008

>From Mike Sergeant, Chief training Officer:

The Guide Dog Foundation appreciates the interest in our Lab/Poodle crosses.
We wish to inform our graduates and any potential applicants seeking this
breed that no Lab/Poodle crosses will be available for placement for the
foreseeable future. In a continuing effort to provide the most stable
working dog for our graduates, we have suspended our Lab/Poodle cross
breeding program for evaluation.
The Foundation still offers our core breeds, the Labrador and Golden
Retriever, and the Lab/Golden cross. We also have, for those people with
allergies, Standard Poodles, in limited supply.

If you are interested in a Lab/Poodle or Poodle due to allergies, please
contact our Consumer Services department, 1-866-282-8047 for more
information.

Jenine Stanley
Consumer Relations Coordinator
Guide Dog foundation for the Blind