[nagdu] Snow

sblanjones11 sblanjones11 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 21 01:17:42 UTC 2008

Dear Ted & listers,
All my dogs have done very well with ice and snow--much more effective than
I could do with my cane.
They have the advantage of being able to see where there is a way through.
I have also noticed that my dogs will put their noses down on the ice to
test it before walking on it.  At first, I interpreted this as sniffing, or
finding something delicious on the sidewalk.  Now I realize it is their way
of testing the path ahead to make sure it is safe.
Rhoda will detour onto the area that would be grass if the sidewalk is too
icy.
HTH.
Susan & Rhoda