[nagdu] NAGDU Board of Directors Meeting Postponed

Marion & Martin swampfox1833 at verizon.net
Sun Dec 28 18:37:00 UTC 2008

Dear All,
    I apologize for the lateness of this notice and any inconvenience it may cause! The holidays have been quite hectic for me and, frankly, I don't know
where the time has gone. I received NAGDU Secretary Sherrill O'Brien's minutes for the November meeting which triggered my memory that we were to have a Board meeting this evening.
In light of the fact that I have not given more advanced notice to you - the membership - of this meeting, I ask your indulgence to postpone the
meeting until next Sunday, January 4. Since my primary objective for the meeting was to begin preparations for convention and because I would like to encourage
the membership to offer input into these plans, I would like more time to publicize this meeting so as to have better participation.
    The meeting will be held on Sunday, January 4, 2009 at our regular time - 8:00 pm Eastern, 7:00 pm Central, 6:00 pm Mountain, & 5:00 pm Pacific. If
Barak wants to join us, he can figure out the Hawaiian time himself! (smile) Please plan to join this meeting and offer your suggestions for convention events.
In the meantime, I will have the chance to touch base with Mrs. Jernigan regarding the seminar schedule. It is my understanding that seminars will be Friday
through Sunday, as the first day of convention is Monday, July 6. This would put the NAGDU business meeting on Friday and our seminar day on Sunday.
    I will send another message to the list advising you of the change to the meeting day and the call-in instructions. Please pass the word around on the various lists to which you may be subscribed, encouraging as many people to join us as possible. I want to do all we can
to fill the rooms as we have in the past. I look forward to hearing your suggestions!
Fraternally,
Marion Gwizdala, President
National Association of Guide Dog Users (NAGDU)
National Federation of the Blind
813-626-2789
800-558-8261
president at nfb-nagdu.org