[nagdu] Help us Plan for Convention!

Marion & Martin swampfox1833 at verizon.net
Tue Dec 30 12:52:14 UTC 2008

Cari,
    the annual meeting and seminar  of the National Association of Guide Dog
Users is held in conjunction with the convention of the National Federation
of the Blind. This year's convention will be held in Detroit from July 4
through July 9. The convention is truly an experience every blind person and
anyone else interested in the affairs of the blind should not miss! With
more than 3000 in attendance, the week offers the opportunity to network
with the most influential people in the blindness movement, too many
blindness-related seminars for anyone to attend, dynamic plenary sessions in
a hall the size of a football field, and an exhibit hall nearly as large
with every imaginable (an unimaginable) ! piece of gear a blind person could
want....or not!
    the Board of Directors meetings of NAGDU are also open to anyone who
would like to join us. Though only the members of the Board may make and
vote on motions, time is provided for the general membership to comment and
give suggestions. We also host round table discussions and seminars via
teleconference on a variety of topics of interest to guide dog users. I hope
you will join us at convention this year and on one of our teleconferences.

Fraternally,
Marion Gwizdala, President