[nagdu] opinions of other blind people

Melissa Ann Riccobono melissa at riccobono.us
Sat Nov 29 17:28:12 UTC 2008

Hi Marsha,
I'm sorry this happened to you! It is definitely annoying.  I
guess all I can say is it's not only blind people who think they
know everything about our dogs and what they should and should
not be doing.  I had a coworker once who was just insensed that I
would leave my dog on a tie down and not let her have freedom to
walk all over the workplace.  It absolutely was not appropriate
for my dog to have free movement in this workplace because it was
a shelter for women and their children with two stories, a
kitchen, family room, etc.  It wouldn't have been appropriate for
Fanta to just wander around getting into peomle's private rooms,
food in the kitchen, etc.  She was completely safe and supervised
on tie down; tie down is certainly not abusive.  Luckily she did
not report me to my school, but I'm absolutely sure your school
will back you up on what you did.  Unfortunately, this is the
same thing that happens when sighted or blind people think we
aren't taking care of our children correctly and report us to
CPS.
Melissa

Users'" <nagdu at nfbnet.org