[nagdu] msnbc.com: Service dog turned away from local hotel

Julie J. jlcrane at alltel.net
Tue Oct 28 18:47:17 UTC 2008

I think it also depends on your interpretation of the service dog in
training laws.  Personally, I don't think the law is meant to be interpreted
that the dog in training can go anywhere, anytime as long as the trainer
accompanies the dog.  My personal belief is that there needs to be some
training going on.    I don't know what sort of training would be taking
place in a hotel after the first bit.  Really would it take days and days to
teach the dog about hotel etiquette?  I think that too often the service dog
in training laws are used for the convenience factor and not the training
factor.

JMHO
Julie