[nagdu] Service dog killed on Portland bus

Michael Hingson info at michaelhingson.com
Tue Oct 28 18:59:28 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am not sure about the larger dog, but under the trend of today's policies
by mass transit agencies since the woman had a "note from her doctor" her
Pomeranian  is allowed on the bus.  The dog is not an assistance animal
under the specific definition of the ADA, but like with airlines there is a
move to permit these animals to ride on busses and to be allowed into public
housing.

Let's not get into a long debate here on the philosophy.  We have discussed
it many times.  Suffice it to say that as it now stands the little dog was
legally allowed on the bus.

Michael Hingson,
 NSA
President,
The Michael Hingson Group
84 Bahama Reef
Novato, CA 94949
Phone Direct number (415) 827-4084
Fax number (415) 883-6220
Mobile/Pager (888) 965-9191
Email
info at michaelhingson.com
 <
mailto:
info at michaelhingson.com>
For information on Michael's speaking topics, his availability, and his
consulting services on Diversity and Access Technology for blind persons
please
visit <
http://www.michaelhingson.com>
For information on Guide Dogs for the Blind please visit <
http://www.guidedogs.com>