[nagdu] issue with building

Marsha queen.marsha.lindsey at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 16:46:17 UTC 2009

This is going to be long, so please bare with me. I was notified by my
building that the parking lot would be repair next week. I asked the Manager
if the area I take my pup to park in would be affected, and she said no, but
in the same sentence she states that I can no longer park my puppy there.
Because she and the workers have been finding dog poop back in that area. I
asked her to explain the location specifically, and she said it was in the
area she had originally told me to park my puppy. I told her that I was no
longer using that area, and ever since the ice and snow I have been using
the back park of the parking lot. I use the concrete because it is easier
for me to pick up. So I told her it could not be my puppy, because I always
pick up. She said she could not deny or confirm it was my puppy at all. She
stated that it was a HOA rule that no animal can go potty on the ground of
the building. And that her telling me that back when I moved in was a
mistake. I moved in last year in September. So I have been using the grounds
all this time. I told her my puppy is a service animal not a pet, and she
said she knew this. She also wants me to prove to her and the HOA that my
puppy is a service animal indeed. That because I have been taking my puppy
on the grounds all the other tenets think they can do the same, and that she
is just now notifying me because of pressure from the HOA. I told her that I
have to think of several issues here, one I live in a big city and there is
not a lot of grass around to begin with. That number two I need to be able
to get to this area with out having to walk a mile down the road, that it
needs to be convenient to me. And the most important issue that if other
handlers do not pick up after their dogs, and if the area is used by a lot
of other animals and my puppy gets into that, she can potentially get very
sick. I do not have the funds to take care of a dog who has gotten into
other dogs waste, never the mind that it would be time off for her from
working. I want a area that is away from where every other dog uses. She
said it was all up to the HOA, and that other tenats have complained. I am
planning on going in front of the HOA. And I am planning on educating the
building on this matter. I do not think this is right, everyone in this
building knows that Emma is a Seeing Eye dog. Most of the tenats do not like
me or my puppy, but until I can find other housing I have to live here.
Where I have been taking her to park is out of the way, no one walks there,
and cars use it to turn around.

Any suggestions on this matter would be ever so greatly appreciated. Are
there any laws on this? I am waiting to get the HOA rules from my building
manager, as I want to see for myself it says no animals. I still will make
the argument that she is NOT a pet. Every time my building manager says it
is a animal thing I still state that she is not a pet, she is a service
animal.

Thank you in advance,
Marsha

database 3980 (20090401) __________