[nagdu] CA state board

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Apr 3 12:18:08 UTC 2009

I am concerned about the effect the new CA guide dog board's regulations
could have on home-training there.
I recently spoke to one of my classmates from TSE who lives in California.
 She said TSE had offered her home training for health reasons.  She
decided not to get a dog at this time, because of poor health, but suppose
she had decided to go ahead with the home training?  Wouldn't these new
regs require TSE to pay a fee for the privilege of offering their graduate
what both parties have agreed best suits her needs?  And, knowing how
states work, also require TSE to go through lots of paperwork.  It might
make a school less willing to offer their graduates in CA home training.
Granted, the state has the right to regulate things as it sees fit, but
this one does not seem to be in the best interests of blind people in
California.
Tracy