[nagdu] Guide Dog Schools

Laurie Mehta lauriemehta at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 10 17:53:39 UTC 2009

Hi Sheri,

Pilot does do in-home trainings for certain situations.  Ask them if yours might be one.  (Ask Ray or Steve, as someone else already suggested.)

In addition, Guiding Eyes and GDF have done in-home, or home and away, placements for people who have worked guide dogs with a different program than theirs in the past.

I'm not sure whether or not GDB would do an in-home placement for you, but I think that it is worth asking them if they would consider that, too.

Please do not limit yourself.  Your options might be more numerous than you think.  Calling the schools I mentioned will cost you nothing, but it will give you some helpful info.

hth-- Laurie