[nagdu] May is Guide Dog Awareness Month

Sherrill O'Brien sherrill.obrien at verizon.net
Sat Apr 11 16:30:26 UTC 2009

Cheryl and all,

This may sound wonderful to the public.  But I have a skeptical streak, and
always wonder how these projects were really thought through.  I know it
sounds legitimate with a wellknown spokesperson, but do the schools actually
know about this.  And which schools are going to benefit?  I'd like to know
before NAGDU endorses this program.  Thanks, Cheryl, for bringing it to our
attention so we can investigate it more thoroughly and lend our support, or
warn folks that it's not in the best interest of guide dog users.  JMO

Sherrill O'Brien