[nagdu] Diabetes and seizure alerts by our dogs (WAS guiding eyes application question)

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 21 20:18:45 UTC 2009

Linda and Dar,

I think the loyalty and love our dogs have for us -- their pack bond with
us, if you will -- is just about all the reinforcement they need to "train"
them to alert to physical problems like blood sugar or impending seizures.
The survival of their human companion is reward enough, and of course we
give them extra love and attention when we're back on our feet.  /smile/

Daisy alerted her dad to his throat, so he got it checked and found he had
cancer, which the doctors caught in time.  So now, every time she sniffs one
of us in a thoughtful manner, we get slightly nervous.  /smile/

Tami Smith-Kinney