[nagdu] pet tags on the beach /Rabies tag vs License tag

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 01:59:24 UTC 2009

Hi every one,  Very interesting discussion. Where I live , there are no
beaches but there is a Water Park.  Since there are no buses that run there,
I don't get to go.  In Tucson, the free licence for service animals is a
courtesy. I was informed of this when I questioned the need for showing a
laminated ID to prove my dog is indeed a service dog. If I wanted the free
tag I had to show proof. Some vets offer a rabies tag,some don't. They do
however provide a certificate of vaccination,which you then send or take to
Animal Control to get your free tag or to pay a fee for your pet's license
tag. The fees for pets are different if the dog is "fixed" or "unfixed". If
you are a senior citizen or you are disabled.
If you are a breeder, you must have a kennel license. More than 5 dogs on
the property constitutes a kennel, weather you are breeding or not.If you
are a rescue, they don't bother you for the kennel license. Lucky for me. I
currently have 5 of my own dogs and 3 rescues. If you get caught with out a
license, you are fined $250.  Even if you don't have the free SD license. It
is the law that all dogs in Pima County be licensed. If you are late in
getting it, you are charged a late fee, even for the free tag.If you loose
the tag, you must get a replacement and it will cost you. Even if your tag
was free.The tag must be on the dog at all times. You can be fined if you
get caught with it not on the dog. I am in the process of getting all my
dogs micro chipped. Both my guides are already chipped. All are licensed.
Tucson will find a way to tax you or fine you, for whatever.  Have a great
day,  Mardi and Shaman, and Nala,retired
--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/