[nagdu] Matching

Nicole B. Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Mon Aug 10 23:44:52 UTC 2009

This is just my personal opinion.  At those schools that really put the
effort  into it, there is something to matching.  I know someone who was
given a dog that probably should not have been given to her in the first
place.  Some dogs can adjust to pace better than others.  Some also have
certain types of personalities, i.e., melt easily, require a more firm
command, are quiet, or are out going.  I know a few guide dogs who, even out
of the harness, are just more laid back than is my liking.  I asked for a
dog with personality if possible, and I think that I got the perfect match.
	However, that is not to say that one dog would not work for many
different people or many different dogs would work for one person.

Nicole