[nagdu] Matching

Linda Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Thu Aug 13 16:39:38 UTC 2009

Hey, Annalisa,
Are you a red-head?  I have a Golden/Lab cross and we match - his red coat
and my red hair! (grin!)

I've ben enjoying the talk about matching.  I think it is done by both the
prospective student and the school training department. I'd say they do a
pretty darned good job at it, too.

People are right about telling the school as much detail about what you want
and that sure helps the school alot in what they choose for you.  They get
an idea of a couple of dogs that might be a good match. But they don't
settle on the actual dog you get until you are there and you have done
several "Juno" walks.  That was the case with me.  My instructor told me
about the two dogs they had in mind - the identiy of whom -  after I did get
my dog.  They were going to give me a particular black Lab but after my Juno
walk, they decided on Landon.  A man in my class got the other possible
match for me.

I am glad I got Landon because a couple of months after we got home, the
man's dog was diagnosed with a health problem that caused the dog's
retirement.  That man has since returned to TSE and got an even better match
for him.  So, everything worked out as they were meant to be.

Linda and Landon