[nagdu] Mistaken identity

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 01:23:04 UTC 2009

HI. I've had incidents like this happen too, such as someone in
college who came up to my Lab and greeted him by name, and then turned
to me saying, "I'm sorry, what was your name again?" However, this is
exactly why I've adopted using a different word that sounds nothing
like my dog's name, so I have something to tell people who want to
know her name. This way, I don't mind if someone says hi to her since
they're talking to Secret, and the dog doesn't even look over. Certain
times I'm not convinced that she would respond to her name while
working, but it's good to have that extra assurance. I still have to
watch her though since this is the kind of dog that will sneak pets
from people if she can get away with it at different times.

Wayne and Secret, er I mean, Gucci, grin