[nagdu] Air Charters

Peter Donahue pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 17 19:00:53 UTC 2009

Hello Dar and listers,

That's not true. Since you can charter a wide variety of aircraft capable of
servicing airports of various sizes and locations you could leave from and
return to smaller airports and go directly to your destination without the
need to transfer flights as you do on scheduled service. We're looking at
traveling to Salina Kansas in November. Salina has its own municipal airport
and is ground 0 for one of Kansas's  University flight schools. There is
only one carrier, Great Lakes Airlines that operates service to and from
Salina. Great Lakes does not have direct service from San Antonio. We would
need to take Frontier to Denver and connect with a Great Lakes flight to
Salina. Assuming it would be possible to do so if we find the right deal we
could charter a plane directly from San Antonio to Salina eliminating many
of the pains of commercial flying.

    The difference between flying on a scheduled service like Southwest and
using a chartered aircraft is that when you charter a flight you book the
entire plane and not just a seat. If a group of persons charter the plane
the cost can be divided among the members giving the group a flying
experience superior to commercial airtravel and the ability to fly directly
to a destination without the need for flight transfers, delayed flights, you
get the idea.

Peter Donahue