[nagdu] NAGDU project?

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 20:16:28 UTC 2009

I called Continental before my Florida trip to ask about just this
issue, of the carry on verses the CPAP machine. According to the agent
I talked with, even if I had the CPAP machine as a carry on, it would
not be counted as such. Fortunately, I was able to put it in my
luggage, but it's nice to know that this was the case. In this
instance, I could have had two additional bags aside from the CPAP
machine, since the machine didn't count as a carry on item.

I too like the idea of a card to show airline personnel and others
regarding service dog rights. An observation though: we might watch
the wording of service dog verses guide dog. I mention this because in
recent months, more articles and coverage has come out regarding
actual service dogs, such as dogs for war vets with psychological
disorders. Perhaps not a big issue, but if those with service dogs
continue to advocate for themselves, I can see how someone might get
confused regarding guide and service dogs. Great idea though. I'd
certainly buy/get lots for when I fly, grin.

Wayne