[nagdu] NAGDU Project / Continued problems with the bus company

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 21:39:19 UTC 2009

Hi every one, I think this is a great idea. I also think that some thing
should be available on guide dog etiquette, especially grabbing the harness
handle, and interfering with a working guide dog. I constantly have to tell
people not to touch my dog or the harness handle, and to let me work my dog
as I know what he needs to do. I am getting the attitude, that if I can see
them touching my dog, then I am not blind and should not have the dog. I try
to be polite, but frankly, I am very annoyed as this is constantly happening
and even though I have tried to educate the bus company big wigs, it has not
changed, and seems to be getting worse as time goes on. Nothing has ever
been done about the incident when Nala's leash was pulled out of my had and
she was literally kicked off the bus. They have however replaced the braille
and raised lettering at the bus station. Unfortunately, they put them up so
high that I can not reach most of them,from the wheelchair.  I can not
afford a Lawyer and I don't have enough money to sue Suntran in small claims
court, so I guess they got away with it and I know it is only time before
they do it again. I was the only person at a bus stop the other day and the
bus did not stop to pick me up. It drove right by me. I was late for my
doctor's appointment because of this. I did call and complain to the bus
company, but they never do anything about my complaints. I just don't know
what to do any more. Any one got any ideas?    Mardi  and Shaman,and
Nala,retired

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/