[nagdu] car accident

Linda Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Tue Aug 18 20:46:25 UTC 2009

Hi Mardi, and Bunny,
Unfortunately, the drunk driver who kills someone gets Manslaughter because
it isn't considered Murder in the sense of getting a gun, going to the
person to be shot, and actually shooting them.

I agree with you that this should be changed.  A person CHOOSES to drink
alcohol.  they CHOOSE to get behind the wheel and drive a motor vehicle
while drunk.  So they should pay for the damage done - lives lost, people
injured, and property damage.

Bunny, I wondered what happened to you.  That really sucks about your
injuries and hope you are able to heal from this.  The idiot who hit you
should pay for your transportation to and from and for your treatments due
to the injuries he has caused you.

My Mom found an article in The San Diego Union-Tribune about a
computer-controlled car developed by Virginia Tech engineering students and
ridden in by students participating in the Youth Slam sponsored by the NFB.
Yeah, maybe they better get going on developing these cars for EVERYONE to
drive since people can't seem to drive responsibly and innocent people pay
the price for human stupidity!

Linda and Landon