[nagdu] Air Charters and the extra seat

Peter Donahue pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 21 18:10:19 UTC 2009

Hello Linda and listers,

    The logic behind this policy is to relieve flight over crowding by
requiring large passengers to purchess the additional seat. The same
remedies prescribed in the ACAA for resolving seating issues of those who
use large service animals could also be used to address seating issues of
customers of size as there are a number of options available.
    Purchessing a second seat should remain an option with a few incentives
offered by the airlines to encourage COS fliers to buy extra seats when they
fly. Had any of my flights been sold out I could have been offered a seat on
a later flight. This would have been a far better remedy than calling the
"Godfather" to "Make me an offer I had better not refuse" if I wanted to
attend the national convention and fly on Southwest  Airlines.

    Perhaps I should have told them when making the reservation that I used
a guide dog but that tends to open another hole can of worms.  It's junk
like this that has a few of us looking for a better way to fly. I'll say
more later as I need to leave in a while to pick up some groceries. Talk to
you later.

Peter Donahue