[nagdu] They're Not the Experts

Dan Weiner dcwein at dcwein.cnc.net
Sat Aug 29 15:29:25 UTC 2009

Hi, Peter and all.

Dan W. with His Royal Goofiness, the Carter Dog, here.
First of all, I'm late replying on this subject, but I want to express my
irritation and solidarity as far as what you experienced on Southwest
Airlines.
People come in all shapes and sizes and it disgusts me that you had to go
through this.

I'll chime in on the question of leaving a dog's harness on.
I personally take my dog's harness off on a flight but I make sure it's
somewhere I can get to it, usually under the seat or in the compartment on
the seat in front of me, I don't know what that's called.
I figure that something could come up where I might need to slip that
harness on and make a quick exit--smile.
Marion's spot on when he emphasizes that the equipment does not a working
dog make.

I take my dog's harness off on the flight for his comfort, but that's just
my way of doing things that has worked for me.

At dog guide school that the harness is required at all times in a public
place and we can be thrown out without it.  This is patently false and it's
unfortunate that the schools, for some reason are giving out incorrect info.

Cordially,

Dan W. and the Carter Dog