[nagdu] Service Animals in Health Care Failities

Marion & Martin swampfox1833 at verizon.net
Sun Aug 30 23:23:42 UTC 2009

Nicole,
    Your message raises another question for me. What is the type of area at
your doctor's office in which you are restricted from taking your dog? I
feel it is important for everyone to know that, according to the Centers for
Disease Control's guidance on this, there are very few areas in which a
service animal "poses a direct threat that cannot be mitigated by a
modification of policies, practices, and procedures". These places are those
in which everyone must take "universal precautions, i.e., wear gloves,
gowns, & masks. It is not reasonable to expect a service animal to undergo
such precautions. The entire document is attached to this message.

Fraternally yours,
Marion