[nagdu] Clicker Treats RE: dog corrections

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Mon Aug 31 18:45:54 UTC 2009

Tracy,

There seems to be a lot of variety in how people use clicker methods.  I
think in the purest form click means treat, every time all the time.  I have
heard of your random reinforcement schedule too and for the same reasons you
stated.   Personally when I click I always give a treat.  However I do not
click every single time a behavior is done, except for in the very beginning
of a new concept.  So for me the random reinforcement comes in when I click
and not when I give the treat.

If it's working for you go with it, no need to fix it if it aint broken.
*smile*

Julie