[nagdu] tripping on bones

Allison Nastoff anastoff at wi.rr.com
Mon Dec 7 15:01:46 UTC 2009

I will try giving him one bone at a time for a while and see if
that helps.  But I agree the battle wounds are well worth it.
Allison and Gilbert

you ...  only give him one bone at a time and ask for it when you
dont feel like tripping over it ....otherwise  enjoy the battle
wounds  they are well worth it i think

it's just part of having a dog.  I had a basket for one of my
dog's toys but it didn't do much good.  I still tripped on them.

<anastoff at wi.rr.com

feel like I > am always tripping over Gilbert's nylabones.  I
don't remember tripping > over bones when I had pets, probably
because they chewed the rawhide > bones, and did not leave them
unattended until they were gone (smile).  > Therefore I knew
where the bones were by the sound of the dog crunching > it.  But
with Gilbert, we use nylabones, and he likes to chew on them, as
> well as run all around the house and randomly drop them for me
to trip > over them and scrape up my feet on the rough edges.  I
was just wondering > if this is something that drives you crazy
with any of your guide dogs.  > Can you do anything like train
your dog to only chew on bones in a certain > area so you know
where they will be, or is this just part of life when you > have
a guide dog? I'm interested in your thoughts.  Thanks.
>> Allison and Gilbert

info for > nagdu:

http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/kkipp123%4
0msn.com