[nagdu] Miniature Horses and the Relieving Harness; was: t shirt bags

Ann Edie annedie at nycap.rr.com
Thu Dec 10 05:25:02 UTC 2009

Hi, Steve,

A miniature horse is trained to "park" in much the same way as a dog is
trained to relieve on command and at a specific time and place.  I have not
used the relieving harness with my own guide horse, but I know of a couple
of guide horse handlers who do use a similar device with their miniature
horse guides, and for the same reason that dog guide users use the relieving
harness, to make picking up after the animal easier and faster.

Best,
Ann