[nagdu] Guide dog user run down

David Baker david at bakerinet.com
Thu Dec 10 14:01:13 UTC 2009

 Tom Sykora is a long time member of the RPList and has avidly participated in
our RP Social gatherings each year.  (Until recently I have been AWOL from the
RPList and annual socials for several years, so I haven't kept up with Tom.)  I
think that Bob Gold from Clearwater, FL, who I believe is on this list, has
known Tom throughout these years and can probably better introduce you to Tom
than I.  Tom is known for his sense of humor and indomitable spirit, never
flinching in the face of challenge and nearly always optimistic.    Tom's
injuries were horrendous.  All but two of his ribs, his scapula and his ankle
were broken and he has just now been moved into intensive rehab after 24 days
with IVs and lung tubes.  His journal which has been posted by family and his
guestbook can be read at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/tomsykora.  His
children, family and friends have been very supportive.

David