[nagdu] Blind clicker training methods /Shaman was good

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 10 18:17:57 UTC 2009

Hey, that's great!  Isn't it refreshing to go out without having your dog
molested?  /smile/

See Ann's post about using smelly treats to deal with strong distractions.
Setting up training opportunities as she suggest will be very useful, since
you can't necessarily hear them coming until the dog's brain is already
gone.  /smile/

Keep up the good work.

I just had a random thought...  If you praise your dog a whole lot and get
all gooey about it when people aren't distracting him, would that be
positive reinforcement for the onlookers?  /smile/  Shaman won't mind the
extra attention from you, and it will make the captive audience on the bus
feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

It just occurred to me that Mitzi and I played that a lot during
transportation training, back when she really needed constant cheerleading.
So she got a lot of reassurance, and I had an excuse to keep my hands on her
to keep her from inventing new comedy routines in the middle of the aisle
for the benefit of all those admirers just sitting there with nothing to do
but watch her.  Ah, the good old days.  /smile/

Tami Smith-Kinney