[nagdu] snow was update on my questions

Steve Johnson stevencjohnson at centurytel.net
Sat Dec 12 17:43:05 UTC 2009

Julie,

A great summary of dealing with snow as we just received 17 inches here on
Wednesday, and all of your insights were right on.  The difficult part for
us was actually going to work while it was still snowing, about a foot on
the ground, and no one had even attempted to shovel yet.  It is aamazing,
and I am going to assume that Monty does this as well, how the guide knows
the path of travel that they have been patterned to, even though it is
covered by a foot of snow, they seem to know right where to go.  Although
the snow was beyond Misha's belly, she seemed to turn into this little
burrowing like creature and moved like a little freight train through the
untrampled snow right to our regular destination; the bus shelter!  A couple
of times I attempted to try to guide her, but then just stopped, grabbed her
harness and gave her the command, find the seat and she seemed to do an
almost 90 degree turn taking me to where we were supposed to be.  She was
truly amazing, and she received lots of praise and scratches!  Although I
dread the next snow fall of this magnitude, at least I know I have a guide
that I can place my full confidence in to get to where we are going.

Thanks for sharing your account of deep snow travel!

Steve & Misha