[nagdu] A Dog Guide Christmas Poem

Steve Johnson stevencjohnson at centurytel.net
Thu Dec 24 03:30:20 UTC 2009

AnnaLisa and the original author, Jenine,

As I must have too much time now that I am on a short vacation from work, I
did what I eluded to, and put together an insert!  It may need some work,
but I think you get the gist, so hopefully this puts us on Santa's good
list!  Happy rhyming!

While waiting at the bus stop it's now starting to snow,

The wind is picking up and it feels like 40 below

Patiently waiting, we hear a distinct sound,

Now we don't care if it's the bus, a semi, a truck or Greyhound!

With a forward command we board the filled bus,

Now, where can we sit, is there a space open for us?

The first seats soon open as someone kindly gets up,

They wish a very merry christmas to my handler, and me the pup.

The floor is now sloppy with half-melted snow,

I am now honestly thinking, no way, hell no!

With snapped voice inlfection, my handler tells me to sit,

I do not hesitate, and I get right down to it.

What a beautiful dog, how old is he?

Can't you tell by my beauty, I'm a she not a he?

My handler nicely responds by disclosing my age,

while the response from the customer was not hard to gage

She's so pretty, is it okay if I pet?

My handler replies, No, but thank you, she's not off of work yet.

With acknowledgement of her beauty, her soft gleeming fur,

I've done it again, i've created quite the stir.

We are now nearing closer, one more turn to the mall,

It just had to happen, someone did not see me, they stepped on my paw.

Oh, I am so sorry, I did not see them there,

A 70 pound dog, now looking right at you with a glance, no a glare.

Is she okay, can I do anything to help?

Is she hurt, I'm thinking, no, I just like to yelp.

My handler replies, No thank you mam, she will be just fine,

As soon as I pick up the harness it will be soon off of her mind.

The bus is now slowing, it's coming up to the mall,

the sidewalks are now icy, she's beginning to crawl.

She tip toes with caution, being so careful, and alert

My handler comments, I'd knew she'd be okay, her pride was only hurt.

We are now getting closer to the entrance of the mall,

Everyone's in a hurry, as they rush past us all.

With precision accuracy, she quickly finds the door,

Oh no, not again, I can't take it no more!

Another person is asking so nicely to pet,

I am sorry, but she is working, thank you, but we are getting wet.

The buzz of Christmas is now all around,

We are finally here, the mall where shoppers abound.

?

?And, to all of you, a joyous holiday season!