[nagdu] Fw: [buddy-l] A very bad legislative effort

Albert J Rizzi albert at myblindspot.org
Fri Dec 25 19:10:17 UTC 2009

That is what cetification is all about rox,  certification if it were to
come to that would and should be something bestowed upon through a separate
entity other then a school providing guide dogs.  Recently in new york even
teaching assistants now must have a certain amount of schooling and pass a
state standardized test.  I would think that this organization  we prescribe
to would be a driving force in coming up with a proper measure  of what
would be included in a certification process. Perhaps Hadley or some other
institutions  could develop a guide certification included in their mobility
courses. I would think this should and would include canes, guides animals
of all types  and a course in companion animals which help our peers with
other needs outside of mobility.  Having such a program offered at
educational institutions takes the responsibility and places  it squarely
where others looking for certifications and qualifications  get them. That
way the independent  trainers could get certified as well. This would most
certainly improve things dramatically  across  all levels.

Albert J. Rizzi, M.Ed.
CEO/Founder
My Blind Spot, Inc.
90 Broad Street - 18th Fl.