[nagdu] Fw: [buddy-l] A very bad legislative effort

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 15:40:24 UTC 2009

Albert,

having this provision as individual state laws is quite different than
adding a provision for mainly able-bodied trainers to access places of
public accommodations under the ADA.

For example, some state laws required that both teams and trainers be
"certified" from a school or program and that said handler or trainer
produce identification upon request when accessing places of public
accommodation showing that they are affiliated with such program.

However because the ADA requires that each dog be "individually
trained to do work or perform tasks" and the law also says that
identification cannot be requested as a condition of access, I as an
owner trainer without identification have a broader law to fall back
upon should there be any questions.

If trainers want access, then it needs to not be a part of the ADA.

Sorry if this was unclear. I need more caffeine!

Rox and the Kitchen Bitches
Bristol (retired), Mill'E SD. and Laveau Guide Dog, CGC.
"Struggle is a never ending process. Freedom is never really won, you
earn it and win it in every generation."
-- Coretta Scott King
pawpower4me at gmail.com

Windows Live Only: Brisomania at hotmail.com
AIM: Brissysgirl Yahoo: lillebriss