[nagdu] Fw: [buddy-l] A very bad legislative effort

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Tue Dec 29 16:13:48 UTC 2009

Heya all,

I haven't read through all the messages on this topic, so maybe what I'm
about to say has already been said, but here goes.

I don't think this legislation is an appropriate amendment to the ADA at
all.   the messages I've already read from Buddy and others have addressed
my concerns about the particulars of the law very well so I won't repeat
that bit.

My first thought after reading the original message was that the ADA is a
civil rights law.  This amendment doesn't have anything to do with civil
rights.  It is about dog training.  I think it is appropriate for the
individual states to pass whatever laws they see fit to address the issue of
service dog training in their state.  However I don't think this amendment
is about civil rights and therefore does not belong as a part of the ADA.
>From what I understand about the original document this is what the authors
believed and why service dog trainers were left out when it was originally
written.

JMHO
Julie