[nagdu] Series Schedule - A D A Audio Conference Series

Steve Johnson stevencjohnson at centurytel.net
Thu Dec 31 00:13:15 UTC 2009

Good afternoon everyone, and a happy new year to you all,

In light of some of the recent dialogue that has taken place, I am forwarding this opportunity that some of you may wish to take advantage of.  This is an upcoming ADA training event hosted by the DBTAC, Disability, Business and Technical Assistance Center serving the Great Lakes Region from which I live.  There is a nominal fee I believe, but you can find out more by clicking on this link:

http://www.ada-audio.org/Schedule/

January 19th, 2010 » Service Animals: Unraveling the differences and best practices
The rights of people with disabilities who use service animals vary, depending on which law applies. The Americans with Disabilities Act, the Air Carrier Access Act, and the Fair Housing Act each have different standards for service animals and their owners. Complicating the topic even further is the issue of the definition of service animals, especially in relation to emotional support or therapy animals. This session will provide information about the definition of service animals and the rights of service animal owners under the ADA, the ACAA, and the FHA. We will also discuss the differences in how the various laws treat service animals versus emotional support or therapy animals, as well as model service animal policies for educational institutions and healthcare facilities.

Speaker:
Jacquie Brennan, Attorney, DBTAC-Southwest ADA Center
Guest Moderator:
Wendy Wilkinson, Project Director, DBTAC-Southwest ADA Center