[nagdu] Dog Breeds

the Pawpower Pack pawpower at cox.net
Tue Feb 3 06:06:18 UTC 2009

Hi Nicole,

I have worked a lab, two goldens, a border collie and now a Doberman.
My lab and border collie both were very independent which had its good
and bad points. Good because I liked the lack of people distractions
and the amount of focus they could show.  Also they did not need me to
be a cheer leader and if I'm having a bad day I can literally not say
a word all rout long and they didn't care.

My goldens and my Doberman are very alike in that they love me, they
love people and they think that anything I want to do or ask them to
do must be just the best thing ever.  I kind of like being universally
adored!  LOL. I like that at least someone is content to do whatever I
want, when ever I want LOL.

They want to please me and they really feed off of my emotions.  This
is not so good as I have to do a certain amount of cheer leading.  If
I've had a bad day or am just generally grouchy, they seem to know it
and take it very personally.  I really have to put on my "happy face"
when we work.

I really enjoy working a Doberman; I live in New Orleans and goldens
seem to all be allergic to the city LOL.  If I lived somewhere cooler,
I'd always have a golden, though.  They are my favorite breed of dog
with a Doberman coming close second.  I have found that for my area
where I live, a Doberman is ideal.  They don't seem to be nearly as
bothered by the heat, and also allergies seem to be less of an issue.
Even though they are short haired dogs they can still stand to be out
in our winter temps-- 30 to 40 degrees at night.  My doberman loves to
sleep in the front room (which is not heated).  She could sleep in the
warm part of the house but she loves the cooler areas.

Everyone's answers will be different of course, so JMHO, YMMV etc.

Rox and the Kitchen Bitches
Bristol (retired), Mill'E SD and Laveau SDIT CGC
When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty.

  pawpower at cox.net

MSN: Brisomania at Hotmail.com
AIM: Brissysgirl Yahoo: lillebriss