[nagdu] reminder "Harness Up" submissions

Julie J. jlcrane at alltel.net
Fri Feb 6 13:04:26 UTC 2009

Hello all!

Is it spring yet?

It will be soon! Yea!

And that means that another issue of "Harness Up" is quickly approaching.    "Harness Up" is the newsletter of the National Association of Guide Dog Users.  Members receive the newsletter twice yearly.  It contains articles on many topics regarding the training of guide dogs, dog care and personal experiences of guide dog users and many other topics.

Submissions are due by April 1.  It is important that submissions be on time, so that I can do my part on time and then everyone can get their subscription on time.

If you would like to write something, but have not done so before, please let me know and I'd be happy to assist you through the process.  It's very easy and absolutely painless.    You do not need to be a member of NAGDU to submit an article.  You do not need to be a guide dog user to submit an article.  You could write about retiring your previous dog and why you chose to go back to using a cane, the process of getting your first dog, or a review of a book you've read concerning guide dogs.

There has been a lot of work behind the scenes in the past several months.  I believe that we have addressed all the previous issues with format and distribution of "Harness Up".  You can look forward to a very informative, exciting, on time issue in your virtual or three dimensional mailbox in May!

As always questions and articles can be sent to me at:
jlcrane at alltel.net
  Here are the submission guidelines:
***Harness Up Contribution Guidelines

1.     All articles must be related to guide dogs.

2.     All articles must be original work by the author.  Reprints will be considered on a case by case basis.

3.     Article length will be as follows: feature articles 1000 to 1250 words, general articles 500 to 750 words and announcements less than 300 words.

4.     The Editor has the discretion to reject or edit articles for quality, content, length, grammar, spelling, relevance, or other considerations. Rejected submissions will receive an explanation and can be re-submitted prior to the deadline date.

5.     Submissions after the deadline date may not be considered. The deadline for the spring issue is April 1 and the deadline for fall submissions is October 1.

6.     Articles should be submitted in electronic format in .txt, .rtf or .doc formats and sent as an attachment to: jlcrane at alltel.net Articles sent in the body of an email message will be rejected.

7.     Please contact the editor, Julie Johnson, by email at jlcrane at alltel.net with any questions.