[nagdu] convention readiness was Dog Breeds

Julie J. jlcrane at alltel.net
Fri Feb 6 19:14:10 UTC 2009

Dar,

I think that your message was asking me if Monty is ready for a convention?
If I'm mistaken, please disregard the rest of this! *smile*

No, by no stretch of the imagination is Monty ready for a convention.   he
is working reliably in residential areas in low distraction environments.
He is way too distracted by other dogs and new situations to even think
about something like a convention.  He has had some health issues which have
delayed his public access training.  He has done a very small amount of
training in indoor public places.  I will be increasing that shortly.

I hope to get him to what I would consider the basic/minimum requirements of
guide dogginess by this summer or fall.  What's that saying about the best
laid plans...  Yeah, we'll see how things go. *smile*

Julie