[nagdu] Seizure Alert animals / and Great article

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 20:24:57 UTC 2009

Hi every one,  Sarah,  I used to breed a line of Cornish Rex cats the were
natural seizure alert animals. I used to train them for working out in
public and send them all over the USA and to other countries.  I sent one to
Brussels, I to France, 2 to Canada,  and 4 to Japan. My own Cornish Rex cat,
Tabitha was written up in Pet Life magazine,and many news articles all over
the country ,and in a book, by Jean Dixon called "Do Cats Have ESP?" She is
mentioned on page 17. Tabitha went every where withe me. She sat in a basket
attached to my wheelchair and was trained to walk on a leash and harness.
She was very accurate at alerting me and was never wrong. I also have a
Border Collie that is a natural alerter. I Trained him to alert me ,by
pawing me as well as his natural bark, to warn me of an impending seizure.
I don't take Maximus out in public as he was very abused before I got him
and can not handle being out in public. At one time I was training him to
guide me ,but career changed him as he just was too nervous,and not happy
working in public.   Sarah,  Great article about raising guide dog puppies
and the training and the part about you and Ben.  I enjoyed reading it very
much.       Have a great day,  Mardi and Nala,semi-retired and Shaman,gdit