[nagdu] Jury finds IA Dept. for Blind's guide dog policydoes not discriminate

sarah baebler wolvessarah at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 20 02:15:41 UTC 2009

The way I took it was that they weren't leaving her out but wanted her to get the fundamentals of cane travel before using the dog as a mobility aid.  Just like in the center they want you to use the cane before if you have a dog use that.  At GDB they test us to make sure we have good cane travel before we're accepted into the program so I don't see why she was anti trying.  I don't want to give up traveling with Dante all the time but I would if I was being taught on cane travel.  Even in a new area I go out with a cane and learn the area before I take my dog.  I just think they could have made a plan.  To work with the cane even if she had the dog with her, or use the cane one week the dog the next.  I just think if your learning cane travel then use the cane.  I agree that she shouldn't have just left the dog home for the 6 months, or not use the dog at all.
I don't know maybe I misinterpreded the article but that's what I got from it. I also think people are too eager to sue sometimes instead of working things out.
Sarah and Dante