[nagdu] Jury finds IA Dept. for Blind's guide dog policydoesnot discriminate

Nicole B. Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Fri Feb 20 05:57:17 UTC 2009

Maybe what is needed is continued mobility training with a dog. I got Lexia
between eleventh and twelfth grade. Although my mobility skills were
certainly fine, I continued training in twelfth grade with Lexia. The
important part of this, though, is finding a mobility trainer that knows how
to work with the dog as well. Some of their methods, such as changing their
position compared to you at certain times, can be confusing and/or slightly
distracting to the dog.

Nicole