[nagdu] schools

Marion & Martin swampfox1833 at verizon.net
Fri Feb 20 11:54:33 UTC 2009

Dear All,
    I think another element to consider is whether one has ownership of the
dog after graduation and what the school requires of you after graduation.
For instance, some schools give you ownership upon graduation, some have a
probationary period, and others never transfer ownership. Some schools leave
you alone after you graduate, while others require that you send them
medical reports every year, even after your dog has retired. For me, a
school that gives me full ownership upon graduation and does not intrude on
me will be my choice for my next guide dog. Anything else is custodial and
paternalistic!

Fraternally,
Marion