[nagdu] Juryfinds IADept.forBlind'sguidedogpolicydoes notdiscriminate

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Sun Feb 22 01:04:07 UTC 2009

Hi Dan,

 From the description Marion gave (from his friend at the center), it
sounds like the dogs are in the same building where classes are held.
I'm actually curious what room they use; of course, the center's
changed a bit since I went, but when I was there, all classes were on
the second floor, which is where the dogs are housed according to
Cathy Davis. This, by the way, is a real improvement over having the
dogs in the apartments all day. (I note here that Pam Allen was a
guide dog user at one time.) Anyway, it sounds as though the dogs
aren't at all far away from where students have classes, and as I
said, Pam being a former guide dog user certainly knows how to park
and care for the dogs during day trips when students are away from
them. If things haven't changed much, such trips are generally once a
month, maybe twice some months.